Your Nav Bar Here

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Five Loves: Perfumes


Here's a look at some of my favourite perfumes!!

Prada Candy (Eau de Parfum)



Excuse the fact this picture is a bit bright! Prada Candy is my all time (new) favourite perfume. I got it for Christmas 2011 and I absolutely adore how it smells.

Heart Notes: Benzoin
Top Notes: Musk
Base Notes: Caramel

That's the official line on it. To me it smells like a wonderful mix of candyfloss and vanilla cupcakes. It is very sweet as the name suggests, it smells just like 'candy' or a sweet shop. When I wear it it really does make me so happy all day. It is a kind of summery scent, but I definitely don't mind wearing it all year round. I've worn it since I got it at Christmas and was almost finished the bottle, so my fiance kindly got me the hugest bottle I've ever seen recently as part of my birthday present. I think this will be a firm favourite for a long time!

RRP for 30ml - £36.99
              50ml - £52.50
              80ml - £69.50 (Perfume Shop)

Illamasqua Freak (Eau de Parfum)


I got Illamasqua Freak for Christmas last year too, and it is absolutely beautiful! Not a fragrance I would typically go for, but when I smelt it, I fell head over heels!

Heart Notes: Poison Hemlock, Datura and Queen of the Night Blossom
Top Notes: Black Davana, Opium flower and Belladonna
Base Notes: Frankincense, Oud and Myrrh

I tend to favour really sweet scents, floral and clean scents and somehow this seems to combine all of those into a beautiful heady mixture. I have been wearing this through the spring but it is definitely more of an autumn/winter scent to me, so I've decided to save it and start using it again in September/October time! This perfume reminds me of winter and Christmas and funnily enough when I looked up the official base notes it turned out it has frankincense and myrrh in it. The only think I would change about this would be to make the scent a bit longer lasting. I love Illamasqua as a brand and this perfume is flawless!

RRP for 75ml - £59.00 (Illamasqua website)



Prada Milano Infusion D'Iris (Eau de Parfum)


I got this perfume after 'borrowing' half of my mums bottle! Its a beautiful, fresh, clean scent.

Heart Notes: Iris Palladia
Top Notes: Mandarin, Orange Blossom, Neroli
Base Notes: Incense, Benzoin, Cedarwood

I think it is the citrus in this scent which makes it feel so 'clean'. I feel like it's the perfect scent to wear on an everyday basis to work, it feels very professional yet beautiful and it makes me feel really confident! Again it is definitely more of a summer scent, but it could definitely take you into autumn!

RRP for 30ml - £39.50
              50ml - £53.50
              80ml - £71.50 (Perfume shop)


Boss Orange Sunset (Eau de Toilette)



BOSS Orange Sunset is my favourite, everyday, go-to perfume. (As you can see, I hardly have any left!)

Heart Notes: White Flowers, Orange Blossom
Top Notes: Sweet Apples
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Olive Wood, Vanilla

This is such a lovely clean scent, which is easy to wear everyday. As it is an EDT, it is a lot lighter and easy to wear. When it wears off, it leaves a lovely faint smell on your skin. It is really sweet, and reminds me of New York City (sob - take me back!) which is also why it's one of my favourites. Its also much less expensive than the others!

RRP for 75ml - £49.99 (On sale for £29.99 atm!) (Perfume shop)


Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Toilette)


This has been one of my favourite perfumes for the past 6-7 years! I get a new bottle every Christmas. It is so beautiful, a perfect feminine, sexy scent.

Heart Notes: Iris, Orchid, Plum, Ginger, Ylang-ylang
Top Notes: Rose, Star Aniseed, Orange, Mandarin and Pear liquer
Base Notes: Musk, Vanilla, Woody Amber

If you have smelled this perfume, you'll know exactly why it will probably always be my favourite perfume. Its timeless. You can wear it day or night, its soft, floral but also musky and it's a really sexy scent! The men's version is also SO amazing. It is the sexiest scent on a guy!

RRP for 20ml - £27.50
              50ml - £47.99
             100ml -£68.99 (Perfume shop)

What's your favourite perfume? I love to hear recommendations to try out!

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment