Your Nav Bar Here

Thursday, August 02, 2012

Random Thoughts: Count Your Blessings

       
This is going to be a bit of a random (possibly rambling, personal and philosophical) post. There's so much negativity in the world and I thought that I'd try and drum up a bit of positivity. I am an optimist, for definite. That doesn't mean I'm always happy, because no one is truly happy all the time. I do however believe that happiness comes a lot from your attitude and your views toward things.

So I thought I'd share something that helps me to stay positive, day to day and through hard times. I know from the title this seems (possibly, to some) like a religious post, but that isn't the case. It's something I do on a daily basis, often several times a day. People may consider it a bit 'weird', but it really does help to keep me positive and thankful for everything that I have in my life.

So, what do I do? I list, to myself, what I have to be thankful for. When I'm having what seems like a bad day, I take five minutes out, take a deep breath and some 'me' time and say to myself;

"This may seem awful right now, but I have, an amazing mum, who is beautiful person, is full of wisdom, is generous, intelligent and a great role model. I have a fiance who I love and who adores me. I have a wonderful sister. My family may be a little crazy at times but they are always there for me and we are a team. I have a beautiful Goddaughter who lights up my life. I have an amazing group of close friends who I can always trust to be loyal, dependable and are able to make me laugh. I have been blessed with so many people (and dogs!) in my life and I have learned so much from every one of them."

After saying something like this to myself, the problem at hand always seems so much less stressful, and much easier to manage. If I'm having a bad day, counting my blessings puts it into perspective and shows me that I am really lucky. I also do this every night before I go to sleep.

I know that, for some problems, this may seem insignifcant. So many horrible things exist in this world that nothing will really make you feel better. I too, have gone through such stages and those experiences have taught me to do this on a regular basis. Life is hard sometimes, but trying to be optimistic has really helped me.

I also think that now, we are surrounded by so much negativity and rely on a negative mindset. I hope this little idea helps just one person to feel a bit better.
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment